Saturday, December 31, 2011

IKEA Scraproom Haul! Lots of FUN Goodies!

Hello again!  Yesterday, my entire family (hubby, kiddos, mom, dad, little brother and his girlfriend) went on a 10 hour family outing!  It was a beautiful day here in FW, TX, with temps in the UPPER 60s!  To top that one... today we should be hitting about 74 degrees! CrAzY!  I am ready for some snow and I sooooo LOVE sweatshirt weather, so this isn't quite working out for me! lol!

Anyway, we began our day with a trip to IKEA (which is only about 45 mins from my house).  Not my hubby's favorite place to go... but bless his heart, he sucks it up just for me! :)  We spent a good 3 hours in there shopping for my 'work in progress' scraproom.  The initial plan was that the hubby was going to build most of my shelving units and stuff, but with him only having a week or so between oil wells, I didn't want him to be spending all of his time in his workshop. So..... my solution, you ask?!?!  A trip to IKEA! :)

After Ikea we stopped at In-N-Out for some yummy lunch and then ventured off to enjoy ICE! at the Gaylord Texan (the official hotel of the Dallas Cowboys) in Grapevine, TX.  Every year the Gaylord Texan has a spectacular 14,000-square-foot ICE! exhibit that features a variety of magical holiday scenes and sculptures hand-carved by 40 visiting artisans from Harbin, China.  This year's theme was 'Shrek the Halls'.  I will be sure to post photos of this soon.

So, back to IKEA... I went into IKEA with a list already printed out so that I wouldn't get too sidetracked and concentrate only on what I NEEDED... and I am proud to say that I was able to stick to my list and stay on track! :)

Here is what I purchased for my scrappy space (photos will be up once it is all put together)...

  • Expedit Bookshelf w/8 Cubbies (will be placed vertically)
  • (4) Kassett Magazine boxes
  • Set of 5 Flyt Magazine Files (which I plan on decorating with patterned paper)
  • (10) Roja Label Holders (for my magazine files)
  • (12) Rajtan Spice Jars (to house my embellies)
  • (3) Ribba Picture Ledges (to store my embellishment jars)
  • (6) Magnetic Grundtal Containers (for more embellies)
  • (4) Bygel Rails (3 of them to store my punches)
  • (4) Pink Bygel Containers (to hang on one of the rails for storage)
  • (1) Dignitet Curtain Wire with (25) Dignitet Curtain rings w/Clips (to hang papers or sticker sheets)
  • (3) Ekby Osten Shelves (measuring 46 7/8" x 11" each)
  • (2) Ekby Gallo Wall Side Units (to house my 3 Ekby Shelves)
There is STILL so MUCH more that I want.... but will just have to wait a couple of paydays! lol!  Below is a picture to give you an idea of what I came home with. :)  Can't wait to see it ALL in my scraproom!  Off to put some of it together now! :)
All of my goodies that I have listed! :)
Pin It


These are my Ekby Shelves, Wall Side Units, and Expedit Bookshelf